Friday, May 11, 2007

PowerHouse



For the third year in a row, I participated in the PowerHouse portfolio review. The event is held in their large Arena headquarters in DUMBO. What a space! This year was incredibly well organized and the morning pastries provided to the reviewers were as good as ever.

I enjoy doing these portfolio review events for several reasons. First, it gives me the opportunity to see at least 12 new artists who work with photography in some fashion. Second, it's a great way to catch up with a whole host of colleagues...thanks to Tom Gitterman for letting me hitch a ride to the event. Third, the pastries.

I was incredibly fortunate this year to meet Kent Rogowski who shared his work with me. His project, BEARS, has just been released by PowerHouse books and I have scheduled an exhibition at the gallery to open June 21. I found the work to be incredibly intriguing and confounding all in the same view. I look forward to the show.

Bonus for me: I sat between Larry Fink and Stephen Frailey during the day. Thankfully, the reviewers are seated alphabetically!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The monks had to go back to black and white stickers hot topic, then.
This compares to a single pensioner, who after
contributing to the construction of outdoor rooms and other permanent features hardscapes like waterfalls, pools, seating, stairways and more.



Here is my blog post; create stickers