Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thomas Allen Uncovered



It's hard to believe (actually, not really) that I haven't posted since July! I guess it was just a very long birthday celebration that brings me now to November. On the cusp of the Miami Fair and coming down off a great opening for Michelle Hinebrook and Doug Keyes here at the gallery on November 1. Instead of unleashing all news at once, I need to backtrack a little....



The Thomas Allen monograph has been out now for a little over 2 months and a 2nd printing is underway. That was quick. We do have some signed first editions here available for sale.

Tom's book was on press with Goose on the Loose Goose. A nice pairing (so to speak).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I sincerely hope that before the second edition of this book comes out, you give credit to the paper back illustrators "featured" in your book. As Robert Maguire's daughter, I am amazed that you didn't make this clear in the first edition. People should know about these great American artists - their work will be appreciated long after this book is forgotten. I realize this is not a copyright issue - just common courtesy. How can you admire them enough to base this art on and not even mention them? Try the real thing when our book comes out (Dark Horse Books by Jim Silke) on my father. Or: www.ramaguirecoverart.com.

contemporary art said...

In Miami there are so many art museums which exhibit a number of art forms every year and among these art places most of them I've visited. As a proof I used to buy my favorite painting or an art work from the collection. So I like being updated with these newly opened art places and art fairs that are held in Miami.