Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Andre Sie


a view from the Light & Sie gallery

I just received the news today that Andrew Sie passed away. I met Andrew several years ago when I was doing the Photo SF fair. He introduced me to his good friend Stanley Light from Dallas and we quickly became friends. Stanley acquired some work of Thomas Allen that day. I could never imagine that several years later they would open a gallery together in Dallas, Light & Sie and that they would extend an invitation to Tom to show at there.

When Andrew came into town, I always dined well. He did his restaurant research from his computer in Dallas and then he would take me to the newest restaurant here in New York, always a hot spot. Not from being trendy, but by serving fantastic food. He was a great friend and inspired me here to raise the bar with my own gallery. I will greatly miss him. It is a loss to the community. He was a creative mind and had a keen awareness for talent. A gentle soul and a spirited friend.

2 comments:

Terence Hannum said...

Thank you for your thoughtful post. He will certainly be missed.

Anonymous said...

He was my boss once when he was still living in California, a true gentleman and great leader. He will truly be missed by all

-matt